Books, Reference and Instruction


(Click the pic for more info and reviews)
Sailboat Electrics Simplified
Don Casey
With clear illustrations and simple explanations, Don Casey shows you exactly how to install wiring . . . make good, safe connections . . . match your battery bank and alternator to your needs . . . troubleshoot problems quickly . . . avoid shore power problems . . . and more — all without a lot of technical jargon. Finally, for the first time, because of this book I have a workable understanding of electricity! What more can I say? Maybe that I used this book to completely re–wire the empty shell of my rebuilt cruising sailboat . . .


(Click the pic for more info and reviews)
Sailboat Hull and Deck Repair
Don Casey
A fiberglass hull’s seamless nature leads many boatowners to conclude that repair must be difficult. Wrong. Here, clearly and abundantly illustrated, is all you need to know to seal joints, bed hardware, replace portlights, locate leaks, fix cracks and even holes, restore your hull’s gloss, renew nonskid decks, and much more. You’ll wonder what you were worried about. I’ve used this book as a guideline many times. Casey clearly explains 95% of what you need to know, more than enough to give you the confidence to find the remaining 5% of the details applicable to your particular boat and situation.


(Click the pic for more info and reviews)
Boatowner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual
Nigel Calder
Everything You Need to Know and Aren’t Afraid to Ask . . . From the Back Cover: “An impressive compilation of advice on boat equipment and systems — one of the best we’ve seen — Much of the information cannot be found anywhere else.” — Practical Sailor “A truly remarkable bible — This book is the best kind that I am aware of, and it should become part of the ship’s library for every self–sufficient cruiser.” — WoodenBoat “Several feet of shelf space in [our] technical library is devoted to material published in recent years on marine systems for small craft. But the single most frequently reached for reference in this collection is [this book]… It has effectively supplanted everything else on that shelf.” — Professional Boat Builder “This book should come as standard equipment with every boat.” — Sail